105 Funny Sister Quotes for Unconditional Love (2022)

Some of the most important people in our lives, these funny sister quotes contain all the true antics of having a sister; from the fights to the unconditional love.

What can we learn about family from our sisters?

Sisters can be everything for us, from our own personal superheroes to supermodels and comedians. There’s nothing truer than love for your sister; whether older or younger.

The funny sister quotes listed below show us that family is about being there for your siblings no matter what.

It’s about being best friends, even when we’re annoyed. It’s about going through everything with each other, and still coming back to each other for a good laugh at the end of the day.

Don’t forget to also read our collection of brother and sister quotes celebrating unbreakable bonds.

Funny Sister Quotes About Sibling Relationships

1. “Sisters are like fat thighs… they stick together.” – Unknown

2. “I smile because you’re my sister. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Unknown

3. “My sister has an awesome sister, true story.” – Unknown

4. “Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five.” – Pam Brown

5. “We are sisters. If I am mad at someone, you are mad at them, too. End of story.” – Unknown

6. “If you mess with the big sister, there is always a younger, crazier sister behind her… that’s who you don’t want to mess with!” – Unknown

7. “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” – Unknown

8. “More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.” – Linda Sunshine

9. “We may look old and wise to the outside world. But to each other, we are still in junior school.” – Charlotte Gray

10. “Middle sister: victim of our older sibling, tormentor of our younger sibling, and somehow, peacekeeper between the both of them.” – Unknown

If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sibling quotes to cherish your BFF by blood!

11. “Your sister’s advice (solicited or unsolicited), carries weight.” – Lorraine Bodger

12. “Being sisters means you always have backup.” – Unknown  

13. “If you don’t annoy your big sister for no good reason from time to time, she thinks you don’t love her anymore.” – Pearl Cleage

14. “The middle sister is really just a big sister and a little sister in one.” – Unknown

15. “Your sister knows which hot buttons to push to get you going, but she also knows how to be a support and encouragement when you go through difficult times.” – Byron Pulsifer

You might also like these cousin quotes that perfectly describe your bond.

16. “Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree.” – Unknown

17. “Behind every little sister there’s a big sister standing behind her holding a bat saying, ‘You wanna say that again?’” – Unknown

Funny Sister Quotes About How Great Sisters Are

18. “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” – Charlotte Gray

19. “Hey my lovely sister, I miss you like an idiot misses the point.” – Unknown

20. “A sister will let you know when the outfit you’re trying on really doesn’t look fabulous.” – Unknown  

If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.

21. “A sister is both your mirror—and your opposite.” – Elizabeth Fishel

22. “When I think of the funny, goofy and ridiculous things we did as kids, I wonder how we turned out so well. Perhaps age has truly matured us, then, maybe not.” – Kate Summers

23. “There is no problem that sisters cannot confront, combat, plot against, ignore, make fun of, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car.” – Unknown

24. “Sisters: the ones you can get mad at only for a short period because you have important stuff to tell them.” – Unknown

25. “The old saying: Families are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts. My sister you are the sweet one.” – Unknown

26. “Little sisters can be a pain, but the big sister heroine worship can’t be beat.” – Allison M Lee

27. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” – Marion Garretty

28. “Sisters are blessed with an extra sense that whispers when the other needs them.” – Unknown

29. “Sisters don’t need words. They have perfected their own secret language of smiles, sniffs, sighs, gasps, winks, and eyerolls.” – Unknown

30. “All you need is love… and a sister.” – Unknown

31. “You and I are sisters. Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up… as soon as I finish laughing.” – Unknown

You might also like these empowering sisterhood quotes to share with your tribe

Funny Sister Quotes About Love for Sisters

32. “Back off, I have a sister and I’m not afraid to use her!” – Unknown

33. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister and want to wring her neck at the same time then you were probably an only child.” – Unknown

34. “Sister and friend: two words that mean the same thing.” – Unknown

35. “When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?” – Pam Brown

36. “Our kids have learned from the experience of brothers and sisters that they can’t always be first.” – Melissa Dayton

37. “When I say I won’t tell anyone, my sister doesn’t count.” – Unknown

38. “We shared a room, you stole my toys, and then my clothes, but best friends we became.” – Catherine Pulsifer

39. “It’s hard to be responsible, adult, and sensible all the time. How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own.” – Pam Brown

40. “Sister: a person who’s been where you’ve been; someone you can call when things aren’t going right; is more than just family; a sister is a forever friend.” – Unknown

41. “Best friends? Nah, she’s my sister.” – Unknown

42. “Yes, I do have the best sister in the world. It’s just that she’s crazy and she scares me a little bit.” – Unknown

Make sure to also check out our collection of parents quotes about family and support.

Funny Sister Quotes to Make You Smile

43. “You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories.” – Deborah Moggach

44. “Never let an angry sister comb your hair.” – Patricia McCann

45. “A sister will always notice her sister’s first gray hairs with glee.” – Allison M Lee

46. “Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.” – Charles M Schultz

47. “I finally moved out of my parents’ house. It was only fair to let my sister have her own room.” – Kate Winslet

48. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” – Amy Li

49. “I can’t remember if I am the good sister or the evil sister.” – Unknown

50. “Sis, I look at you and see your wrinkles, I wonder when they happened. It is as if they just appeared overnight. You can’t be getting older than me, can you?” – Catherine Pulsifer

51. “She’s my sister, my best friend, my soul mate, and the best part of me.” – Unknown

52. “Eleanor Roosevelt once said, ‘Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water!’ Well, my dear sister, no wonder we are looking like an old teabag, we have been in lots of hot water together!” – Catherine Pulsifer

53. “Sisters are for sharing laughter and wiping tears.” – Unknown

54. “The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.” – Unknown

You might also like these sister quotes they need to hear and will not forget.

Other funny sister quotes

55. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” – Carol Saline

56. “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” – Claire Cook

57. “A sister is a dearest friend, a closest enemy, and an angel at the time of need.” – Debasish Mridha

58. “She could always talk me into anything. My sister made me a little starstruck.” – Stacie Ramey

59. “Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.” – Jojo Moyes

60. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” – Anonymous

61. “The best gift by god after your parents in this world is your sister.” – Sacheenrjain

62. “I know my sister like I know my own mind, you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda

63. “Sisters are supposed to be people you’re close to, aren’t they. You may not like them much, but you’re still close to them.” – Kazuo Ishiguro

64. “Only a sister, an alternative self, could inspire such a sordid mix of disgust and envy.” – Namwali Serpell

Funny sister quotes to make your day

65. “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.” – Margaret Mead

66. “The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble.” – Clara Ortega

67. “The typewriting machine, when played with expression, is no more annoying than the piano when played by a sister or near relation.” – Oscar Wilde

68. “It was nice growing up with someone like you – someone to lean on, someone to count on… someone to tell on!” – Anonymous

69. “Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.” – Louise Glück

70. “If sisters were free to express how they really feel, parents would hear this: “Give me all the attention and all the toys and send Rebecca to live with Grandma.” – Linda Sunshine

71. “Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers.” – Pam Brown

72. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” – Pam Brown

73. “That feeling when you’re so excited to see your sister…and you realize she’s wearing your clothes.” – Unknown

74. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.” – Cali Rae Turner

75. “Sis, you are my best friend…that I can never get rid of.” – Unknown

Don’t forget to also check out these niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.

Funny sister quotes that will make you appreciate each other

76. “Never let an angry sister brush your hair.” — Anonymous

77. “Sisters make the best friends in the world.” — Marilyn Monroe

78. “Acquaintances were always on their best behavior, but sisters loved each other enough to say anything.” — Lauren Weisberger

79. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves—a special kind of double.” —Toni Morrison

80. “I’m the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don’t have anything. It’s hard. I love her too much. That’s what counts.” — Venus Williams

81. “As you’re growing up and you’re close, you can’t trust anyone the way you trust your sister, but also they have the power to wound you in ways no one else really does.” — Ally Condie

82. “When my sister, Joan, arrived I asked if I could swap her for a rabbit. When I think what a marvelous friend she’s been, I’m so glad my parents didn’t take me at my word.” — Maeve Binchy

83. “We’ll always fight, but we’ll always make up as well. That’s what sisters do: we argue, we point out each other’s frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we’ve had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time.” — Lisa See

84. “Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.” — Barbara Alpert

85. “I grew up believing my sister was from the planet Neptune and had been sent down to Earth to kill me. I believed this because my sister Emily convinced me of it when I was a toddler…There’s a part of me that still believes it. I have moments when I think, ‘Hmm, could that be true?’ Occasionally I ask my sister about it and she responds by pulling an alien face, which only confuses matters.” — Zooey Deschanel

Funny sister quotes that make you happy you’re family

86. “Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.” –Sam Levenson

87. “A Sister is a cure for swollen heads and ego trips.” -Pam Brown

88. “A toast once heard: “To my big sister, who never found her second Easter egg until I’d found my first.” –Robert Brault

89. “There’s a lot of baggage that comes with us. But it’s like Louis Vuitton baggage—you always want it.” –Kim Kardashian

90. “At this point, none of us are sure why we fight. We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight, even though we have plenty of them.” –Ken Wheaton

91. “Life may be hard, but sometimes my sister make it harder. I still love her anyway.” –Author Unknown

92. “Sometimes I feel old but then I remember my sister is older.”  –Author Unknown

93. “Older sister: I make the rules. Middle sister: I’m the reason we have rules. Little sister: ules don’t apply to me.” – Unknown

94. “If you trip and fall in life, I will be there to help you up – after I quit laughing.” – Unknown

95. “No matter how hard you try, sisters are the friends you can never get rid of.” – Unknown

More funny sister quotes that’ll make you grateful for her

96. “Lost time is like a run in a stocking. It always gets worse.” Keep those pantyhose free of runs, use your time wisely Sis!” Anne Morrow Lindbergh

97. “We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don’t judge.” Adriana Trigiani

98. “Do you forget that I am your sister?” “No; I’ve never been granted the opportunity to forget it.” Georgette Heyer

99. “I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness…” Emily Dickinson

100. “But most are like my sister and me…linked by volatile love, best friends who make other best friends ever so slightly less best.” Patricia Volk

101. “Sisters will always love you tomorrow no matter what you do today.” — Marinela Reka

102. “Sisters don’t need words.  They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks – expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief.  Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs – that can undermine any tale you’re telling.” Pam Brown

103. “Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don’t love you they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with -sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends.” — Deborah Moggach

104. “Don’t try to love me because you want to be anti-Beyoncé. I am all for Beyoncé.” Solange Knowles

105. “If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?” Jodi Picoult

What’s so special about having a sister in your life?

Having a sister is having one of the most important relationships in your life. These funny sister quotes capture all the love, happiness, and laughter that comes with having one.

When you have a sister, you’re guaranteed to always have someone by your side, no matter what life throws your way.

Sisters are your best defense, they’re your best friends, and they’re there for the best memories. You will share the most memorable laughs with your sister, and the sweetest sad moments.

The truth is, having a sister is having a built-in partner for life, from the good moments to the bad. And they’re always there to make you laugh.

Did you enjoy these funny sister quotes and sayings? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section

Related Post

celebration of life quotes

friday movie quotes

touching birthday quotes for mom

21st birthday quotes

loss of child quotes

below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

140 Perseverance Quotes to Motivate for Life's Toughest Times (2022)

50 Moneybagg Yo Quotes & Lyrics

5 Signs That You Are on The Wrong Life Path